Tuesday, December 27, 2011

thoughts about this weekend

well this has been a very busy and emotional weekend. ben's grandpa passed away on Christmas Day his favorite holiday. I am so thankful we were able to go and that ben was able to see and say goodbye and that we could be a help and support to his mom. I was saddened that ben's older sister who also came didn't do anything to help around the house all she did was sit on the computer and play games or text her friends or go out to smoke. I know she has been through hell this year and so I am not too upset, but still wish she could have helped more. ben's mom kept telling ben and I thank you for all the help and that we were the ones holding everything together. I am thankful that we were able to help, but at the same time as the daughter -inlaw I felt weird about doing all that I did because I felt that the eldest sibling should have taken more responsibility and helped where needed. But what can I say what's done is done. The two services that ben's dad did were good, but man ben and I both were like we really miss Liturgy we felt like the services were incomplete and didn't have the sense of reverence or worship that we feel every time we go to the Orthodox Church. no disrespect to dad or anything because the sermon's were good, but it was like wow what a difference. our eyes have really been opened and God has been showing us things that we have never noticed or seen before and its been an amazing journey. well anyways, that's all for now. Have a great week and have a blessed NEW YEAR!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment